The Greek Community at Port Adelaide and Environs and Church was formally established in 1959 with the first church service being held on 20th December 1959.
On 3rd April 1960 the church committee discussed establishing and operating a Greek School for primary school aged children. On 7th October 1960 the first class was held at the new Greek schools of Parents and Guardians of the Greek Orthodox Community of Port Adelaide and Environs, with Charalambos Kyriakopoulos as its first teacher.
It attracted a handful of young Greek Australians who were provided with the opportunity to learn, study and expand their knowledge of the Greek language and associated customs their ‘migrant parents’ deemed important to ‘pass on’ in their new country.
During the 1960's the school had grown and in 1969 the school had over 140 students at 4 different locations.
Unfortunately in 1972, due to intra-community conflict in South Australia the school was disbanded. Shortly thereafter, several of the original founding members of the Port Adelaide community set about establishing an independent school under the name "Parents and Guardians Association of Omonia" which operated out of the then state Primary School of Port Adelaide.
In 1981, the community decided it was time to expand the greek school to include High School students. With that being decided the first high school began operation that year.